Friday, August 13, 2010

Greetings from Oestrich-Winkel

Alas, my efforts has made my dream come true - study in overseas, in Oestrich-Winkel, a small german town which takes a 45mins ride by car from Frankfurt air port.

When I was in KLIA

Thanks to my dear friends who came to send me off

In Dubai...


I touch down before 1pm, which is like 30mins earlier. Waited for my luggage for some time, and got out from the airport. Apparently there are not so many shops that are appealing to me.

Took the escalator that can even carry a trolley, got the hell out of me. I saw people pushing it quite easily so I just follow the suit. I thought the trolley was going to fall on me but NOT. It got hold of the escalator and stay still! After up and down for a few times, I'm an expert now. LOL So darling, when you come here, I shall teach you.
going up

going down

I waited for some time at the meeting point before meeting Moon Joung, the korean girl. And we decided to walk around. Sigh, if I am the one walking around, I will do some shopping... So, the driver came on time and pick us up, and we waited for an hour go round and round for Ramiro, the mexican. His flight was delayed and the driver took a hard time to look for him.

Audi with an ugly top

The driver dropped them at Rheinstrasse 14, their flat, opposite to the Rhein river! And drive me to my flat. It was quite a distance to school from my flat. Anyway, it's in my plan that I shall get a bike. I'm so blessed that the driver helped me to carry my luggage to the 2nd floor and another uncle helped me to carry it to the third! I spent some time to look for my apartment, as there were no house number outside the house; trying each door with my keys.
My room



the kitchen

My flat is a small flat with 3 rooms, which the rooms are big (although mine is the smallest, but it's still ok for me) and the bathroom is big too. However, the living hall is quite small, maybe because there's a wardrobe there. I contacted Brandon (from US) and together with Francesco the italian, where both of them just stay downstairs, we went out to check out the town a bit. Found out a family store (supermarket) and bought some food. Oops! forgot to check out whether they sell rice there!


that's the drink mart we got it, left is Francesco and right is Brandon

It's summer now and the sky is still bright even at 9pm. We got back around 8pm and I went back to my room to unpack all my stuff. Finally, got the stuff all arrange and when I fit the bed sheet on my bed, shit, the sheet was too small. It seems that their mattress was longer... Whatever, I shall visit Kati, my coordinator, later to get my parcel ah Boy sent me, which consists of the bedding set.

And my breakfast was the bread I bought from the bakery yesterday. Very filling indeed.
Went to schloss to get ah boy's parcel Kati and it took me 1 hr on foot. The way back? 1.15hrs, with a box of comforter and pillow. Wait, where is the bed sheet??? The bed sheet I brought along apparently is too small and now I got to use it coz ah boy didnt send to me. I cut the bottom edge and sew it into the mattress, so it won't go off the mattress. I'm so tired now! I feel that the 2 hr walk going to get me lose 2kg! However, it is kinda lucky that I chose this place because along the way to schloss, oestrich-winkel is the more happening (compare to hattenheim) town or should I say village...

No comments: