Sunday, August 15, 2010

3 days in Oestrich-winkel

Today is the 3rd day here, and I guess I've walked like more than 30km. I am so impressed with myself as I can walk that much! My legs are painful, but I guess I hurt it when I was back in KL before I came. Once you got old, you just can't avoid all these nonsense. I shall drink more milk and get my calcium back!

that's milk in glass bottle!

So, on the 2nd day, I went to pick up my parcel and later to Aldi to check the store out. It was even smaller than Rewe which is nearer to our place. But the price seems to be cheaper. However, Rewe has more choices. Update: 3whole drumsticks worth 2.29euro. 2.5kg of potato worth the same. Question: which one is more worthy? 

I really hope to get a bike on monday so I wouldn't torture my pitiful feet anymore. I walked another maybe 10km today or even more. But today was ok as I was in my sports shoe. So I guess maybe it's because of the shoe. I should have bought the scholl shoe. Full of regrets now.

I'm actually supposed to go to the authority office to register myself to the local authority, then Brandon told me that he is planning to go to Wiesbaden, which is a bigger town. So I decided to abort the registration plan and join him and Alan. When we got to the train station, there were no ticket counter there. I guess that might be the same for many of the train stations here. Not just OW. And we head to bus stop planning to take a bus. A guy waiting for bus told us that we need to get ticket on the ticket kiosk, so we got back to the train station and figure out how to use the machine again. But in vain. So we decided to go to look for our Burg campus in the end. Luckily we manage to find it :D So we nearly got on the bus to Wiesbaden but I guess that the driver was annoyed with us asking him and holding the traffic, he just told us to get the next bus. Later on, we realized that we could pay on the bus and head to Wiesbaden T_T

Anyway, I got myself a sim card and a samsung basic phone for 9euro. Dirt cheap. Then I topped up a least amount of 15euro. When I was chatting with sis, then only I realize that I've spent RM100 for it. Hmmphh that was for the credit!
My 9euro phone

 Later on, we were back to our hostel again to find Xue Chen, my housemate and headed for Rewe. The shops here are not open on Sunday and so, we need to get some food. Spent another 10euro. I've been stocking up on my groceries these 3days and I don't think I really need to get any food later for the next 2 weeks. Seriously. Yea, maybe for some juice. The juice here is very cheap, compared to mineral water. And cheap too if compared to juice in Msia. Grapes here is cheap, half the price what I will need to spend in Msia to get the same amount, berries are cheap too!

the strawberries are better than those in cameron highlands. (of course)

The fruits and vege I bought. Hasnt got any idea what to cook yet.

my Ja! orange juice. 1.5litre for less than 1euro. Apparently the juices here are cheaper than the mineral water

We ended up cooking for our lunch+dinner as there were no shops open at 2.30pm anymore for lunch. Without any choice, we started to cook. Actually the cooking plan is supposed to be tomorrow I guess. Anyway, we prepared curry chicken and spaghetti. The curry I brought from KL taste really good and it actually goes well with the spaghetti :D So thanks to the cooking session, we realize that the sink in our kitchen leaks! Thanks to the guys for cleaning it for us.

the curry chicken we made

Brandon in action to deliver us spaghetti

Alan was cleaning the floor for us

Evening time in OW is a boring one. The shops are closed, nowhere to go. We decided to visit Chi an and Lily since they are staying really near to us. It's just 2 streets away. Their place is nice as it's a proper landed house and the landlord is staying with them. Furthermore, they got their internet for FREE! Darn it. Hppmmhh Why EBS is charging us then T_T

cute kiddos spotted!

the view from chi an and lily's house balcony

Anyway, after some talking and bringing them over to show our flat, I'm back again in my little cozy pig sty to blog away. it's 1130pm now and I guess I should be sleeping. My new housemate just came and I didn't even catch her name :P I shall do it tomorrow. 

Wiesbaden for tomorrow!

No comments: