Sunday, January 27, 2013

Timing

My attempt to make an avocado milkshake today has enlightened me a thought - timing. I was so eager to have an avocado milkshake and thus I chose the most ripen looking avocado from the fridge. In fact, the color was just not even half brownish. Having trouble cutting it was already the sign of an unripe fruit. However, I was not even bothered by it, thinking after taking the fruit out and put into blender, everything would be fine. I spend like 20 minutes to skin the avocado (what a chore) and taking the seed out. Then here comes the blending part. The fruit was so tough! I had to cut it in small pieces and blend. The result was bad. It can't be blended. It was only chopped to fine pieces and that's it. And I gave up. Throwing everything away, wasted my money, time, energy and hope.

Here's the thought - when it's not time yet, do not rush into it thinking everything will be fine later. Do not ignore the signs of timing. When the time is not there yet, the result will just be bad. I must remind myself about that :)

No comments: