Thursday, February 26, 2009

Huh? Eurasian again?

2 days back we were having our first meeting with our new SuperUser boss. Here comes the ice breaking sessions where everyone introduce themselves and some even started their grandmother and grandfather stories! OMG, I was damn hungry at that time and I warned my colleagues not to talk so long when it's their turn.

And here's my turn; after introducing myself and some background, new boss ask me, Do you have mix parentage? You don't look like chinese.
I was like huh?
Then I told her, probably mix in china before my grandparents came over.

Yea! Hockchew + Teochew!

Well, I am definitely happy when people ask me this question. I love eurasian!

2 comments:

kityeng said...

Hoho,same here same here...I like when ppl ask me if i mix..:P
I think i'm multinasional.
Some said i look like eurasian
SOme ask if im Japanese/korean (small eyes)
Some talk to me in Thai

peggy83 said...

sawadeeka...aiyo you dont look like thai la. But you got the japan/korean look. not bcoz of small eyes, but overall feature mix together look.