Thursday, October 7, 2010

The search for passion

I've been losing out passion on my work. First, when the basic salary was cut 500bucks from my previous pay. Second, when the first anniversary increment was only peanuts, not even 10%. Next, the yearly increment and bonus also disappoint me. What more to say, the best year I have the chance to get E, but it was forfeited by so called leaders. There goes my big bonus and more importantly, my increment. I was so disappointed in fact.

What it takes to get an E ? Nobody can answer me. I've asked a few bosses in fact, but no one gave me the answer. I did pick up extra work, but nobody recognized it. I am seriously counting my days now.

I've been trying to search for my passion for my job, but I realized it is gradually dying out. My exchange semester here made me realize what a true leader is, which I did not yet to see in my section. All I see is groupthink, silo, and biased treatment.

No comments: