Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Aftermath from Holland

3D2N trip to Holland, nearly really brought me to Holland. Maybe I'm just being too paranoid but I won't take any luck for granted.





The story goes on like this, after walking around the red light district, I insist on buying the weed cake as this is what I thought must have when I am in Holland. So, the piece of cake worth 6euro and the seller told me to eat half and wait for 1 hour to see the effect.

We went back to our hostel, I ate 1 bite, and continue with my ribs from lunch, then take a shower, and ate another 2bites of the cake. After that, I went to sleep. Yes, sleep. The stupidest thing that I didn't check with anyone is I can't sleep after eating the cake! And I had my glucophage. Another stupid thing that I should have not done. No medicine with weed cake. It just didn't cross my mind.

So, halfway asleep, I woke up to pee and realize that I'm a bit dizzy. When I tried to lay back, I felt my eyes super dry, then I went to toilet again to wet my eyes. I tried to lay back, suddenly my heart pounding damn fast and I am out of breath. I quickly awake Nicole to get help and I rush to the reception to ask for help. The experienced receptionist deemed that I needed sugar water and provided me with that, and told Nicole to get me some sweets. To me, the situation was in such an emergency, and I kept telling myself to keep breathing. After a few glasses of sugar water and 1 bar of Mars, I get to catch more breath but heart still pound fast. My hands are kind of cramp and crooked, that was really scary. I felt the pain in my heart too, it's like going to burst due to pounding too fast and I was so scared that my heart cannot take that speed. I wanted to vomit and I was brought back to my room's toilet. I drank some water and vomited later. I saw the cake was also being vomited. I kept moving my body to avoid numbness in my limbs. Then the next thing I saw was Nicole vomiting. She didn't take any cake, but I guess after seeing my condition and vomited, she got disgusted and vomited. I still remember I patted her on her back while she was vomiting. I couldn't recall how long I was moving myself in the toilet, when Nicole told me it's almost 5am, I told her to sleep since I am better and I continue to take deep breath.

I do not really dare to sleep as in I am afraid that I may actually die in sleep. Eventually, I fell asleep for few hours. The next morning I was feeling okay, we headed for Zaanse Schans for the windmill village.







I started to had palpitation again at the train station and started to buy chocolates and juice. I can feel that Nicole is a bit pissed as I am kind of troublesome. I can understand... When we reached there, I have to walk slowly so that my heart beat won't go too fast. Each time I went to toilet, I had diarrhea. I guessed my body was trying to expel the toxic. On the way back to the Amsterdam, my condition wasn't better. So I took a rest at a cafe and Nicole just went to have a walk. I've checked with the waitress and she also told me to take sugar and water. Nicole came to the cafe earlier and we went to the central station for Den Haag. We were actually supposed to find the medical centre in the station that the waitress told me but there wasn't any medical centre in the station. I therefore went to a drugstore and the lady there told me there was nothing I can do other than drink lots of water and take some sugar.

We took some time to look for our hostel in Den Haag and I can strongly feel that Nicole was damn pissed off. However, she took a very good care of me by helping me to make my bed, assuring me to sleep and awake to check on me while I awake for toilet. I was awake in the night for 3 times and the 3rd one, I had a lot of sweat and I feel ok after that. The next morning, although still weak, maybe due to I hadn't really eaten any food and rest. I had a lot of chocolates though. I decided to just rest at Den Haag station while Nicole went to walk around the city coz I knew that she wasn't really happy and I might as well just don't further bother her. I walk around the station and read up the travel book from Vivi, decided to take a slow walk to some of the nearer places of interest. And I knew, if I can do some shopping, I can divert my attention of keep tracking my heartbeat. So, I did the Parliament, the art museum, and the shopping passage.











When I got back to the station at the agreed time, Nicole was already there. I guessed that she went there quite early. Our train was cancelled and we had to take another train to Utrecht. Basically, we had 2 hours of free time there but when I suggested to her, she told me I'm the one who can't run and walk fast, so it will be a risk to miss our train. Ouch. In fact, the walk is just 5mins and we can just walk back after that. But since she already said that, I just compromised lor~ Since I'm the one turn the trip to disaster.

I don't really can communicate well with her compare to Vivi. Language problem? Maybe, but I just don't feel the connection and can't find the topic to chat with her. Well, it might be due to age gap,who knows~ Anyway, I still need to thank her and I really owe her for helping me.

I really felt that I nearly lose my life and got it back now. At that point of time, I think of my darling and I wanted to tell him that I love him. And I thought of my insurance, oh no, they will not give any compensation due to drug usage! When I got back and told my sis and darling about it, they still "haha" about it, that really got on my nerves coz I really felt like dying. Anyway, it's my bad that I didn't check properly with the seller what to do after eating the cake.

Warning to potential weed cake eater: Eat bit by bit and DO NOT SLEEP after eating it. Do some activities instead!

1 comment:

Jin Wen said...

Waliao... give me so much surprises when I was busy with my assignments and did not check up with your status.

Actually Nicole is a good friend, appreciate her although dun have common topic :)