Sunday, June 20, 2010

Personal Value

To each his own, everyone has a different personal value. I know of some people think that money is very important, whereby they sacrifices some precious time with love ones. On the other hand, I also know people who think they have enough money to spend and live a good life, do not escape from tax and enjoy quality life.

One may say, if without money, how do we enjoy quality life. True enough. From what I've observed, these people who think that they have had enough money to spend, live within their ability but still, able to live a quality life.

People commented that it's a waste of studying MBA because I can't do anything with it. I should have taken those professional certifications that can proof my skills and technical knowledge. Sometimes I'm also in the dilemma. However, I realize that after I take MBA, my mind has opened up and I've learnt a lot of things I wouldn't have known if I study professional certifications. Alas, have also known and seen many types of people; especially on their personal value.

People also commented that it's a waste of me going for student exchange in Germany and it does not add any value to my MBA, and MBA is a waste of money as well. Firstly, my main point of going to Germany is to travel around Europe and the later one is to fulfill my dream of studying overseas. I believe in meeting more people to expand my knowledge and taking different subjects do add value to my MBA. Seriously, I do not think it's a waste of money going to Germany as it's been my target since 2009 and even I can travel there next time, the experience will not be the same. Furthermore, chances are hard to come by; you can keep earning money but who knows when you will drop dead? Be a money slave and did not manage to spend the money meaningfully before one drop dead. How ironic...Some things just can't be bought by money - chance

Quoting from friend L, this course is to build your core. Quoting from friend S, do not look into technical side, look into management and moving up. I have to apply what I've learnt in my life, not just work. The knowledge I've learnt is the ROI, not the money I can earn with my MBA.

No comments: