Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Farewell Maybank

Finally, today is my last working day with Maybank. I first joined the bank back in 2nd Jan 2008. Time really flies. Within my tenure with Maybank, loads and heaps of things happened. I got to know darling, which is my most precious gift from Maybank; started my MBA course, learn to be wiser in calculating money, saving money, investments, got an unpaid leave to go to Europe, got 18k bonus for the first time, got staff benefits, got many many days of leave so I can lepak around and went to Hawaii.

At first when I join Maybank, I feel quite ashamed to tell people coz Maybank was infamous for its service, which I hate it myself too. Later on, I realized Maybank has very good banking facilities which I can really make a good use of them and everything is just within clicks; I started to promote for my company. I told my friends on Maybanks product, from loan, savings, gold, to credit card. Even my friends said I should go to be sales person. Actually I just have better understanding on the products, pros and cons.

Therefore, when RHB offered my assistant project manager post, I was still hesitating. Despite I was also waiting for offer from Monster, I was evaluating RHB and Maybank too. Of course, after that I chose Monster :) However, I had this thought, if I were to jump to other banks, I will choose CIMB or other foreign banks. Coz CIMB is the nearest local competitor to Maybank.

Although I left Maybank for a brighter future, I can proudly say I am a proud ex-Maybanker!

No comments: