Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New beginning of 2013

It has been some time since my last post. Been lazy and busy (kononnya...)

I've landed on a new job, as a senior business consultant for banking system vendor - Hitachi-EBworx.
So I have been assigned back to my beloved ex company Maybank for projects.

First day:
Surprise
- I met Hwa in the company! So she was supposed to report to me according to what she said. I wasn't too sure of that. I thought I'm replacing one of the staff who left and I was under the impression that she was reporting to the old staff.
- Next, when they are giving the products briefing, I wasn't sure what am I supposed to be in charged of. They have got no idea too.

Shock
- So at the end of business day, Karyn the manager of business consultant of this project gave me a briefing regarding the project team structure and who reports to who and finally what I am supposed to oversee.
- Here's the bomb - I thought I was supposed to overtake whatever left by the old staff. She said, she is moving on to pre sales team. So I, ME, am supposed to take over her post as the consultant lead for this project. I was like 'shock, shiok'

Challenge
- Here's the challenge, given that the tentative timeline that she's moving on end of june, i need to pick up a lot of stuff before that. No wonder they want me to join asap and cannot join after my mt kk trip.
okay okay I shall embrace myself with a higher responsible role and nego my salary out upon confirmation. Given that I am taking a bigger role than what I am expecting and of course, there should be some compensation.

till then

No comments: