Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hawaii travel log Part I

Seriously, I don't know how many parts this will take. I will try to keep it short and concise. So let's talk from the start...

Firstly, thanks to Jenny and Edwin for fetching me to the airport and treating me an expensive but so so dinner in KLIA. Not saying they treat me so so dinner, my point is KLIA food so so only. We do not have enough time to eat before that.

Fast forward >>>>
I took Korean Air for this trip and it's fair to say their service and food are good. However, at some point, I do not really satisfy with their service. They got no menu to provide. Anyway, they fed me well. 


At Incheon Airport
Chicken Bulgogi burger set that costs me 14RM. The taste? Not very good...I did not finish the whole set
So after grabbed some food, I join the transit tour namely Seoul City tour which costs me USD40. This is because I have a 12hours transit time! Good for me since I have not been in Seoul yet, and this only costs 40bucks. The trip covers 1 palace, 1 temple, a famous stream and Insadong street - for shopping. The trip is actually quite short for me which ended around 230pm. Well, coz my next flight is 7pm. 

The famous dono-what-stream 


Some palace
Actually, I don't think the trip is interesting. Palace and temples looks the same. The lunch also so-so... This might be due to the fact that I am still full with the KFC bulgogi burger though. Insadong street is much more interesting for me. 

So, once we were back to the airport, I took a chance to take a shower at the airport and shopped around. I like Incheon airport for the cultural centre and the activities that we can do there. There are cultural shows which makes our time at the airport much interesting, rather than shopping at the duty free stores. Well, for me the duty free stores are attractive as well :D

The cultural demonstration
I did say the duty free stores are attracting to me isn't it :)
In fact, I spent so much time walking around and shopping around, testing the seaweed and thinking which one to buy, I only spent like 10 - 15mins for the free wifi while waiting for boarding. 

Another 9 hours flight brought me to Hawaii woohoo~
To my surprise, Korean air served Bibimbap as one of their meals. Quite nice I would say, of course without the stone bowl! Surprise, surprise. Then in the morning before reaching Hawaii, they served porridge. Green tea porridge! It was my first time to eat something like that but it tasted superb. Too bad I didn't have chance for breakfast on the way back :(
Bibimbap
The flight was actually delayed for around 40mins. I was fast asleep when boarded the plane but when I woke up, the plane was still in the run way waiting for its turn to fly. So I arrived at Hawaii around 10am+ After spent some time get through the immigration, location my luggages and get myself out at the arrival gate. It was still Friday morning in Hawaii. Darling was already waiting for me there ^^ presented me the lei and sent me back to his house.

darling's condo @ Honolulu park place
And so, I went to sleep coz I am so damn tired! I didn't manage to get a good sleep from both flight to Hawaii. I slept until around 6pm when darling called me again to get me for dinner. Oh, I forgot that I didn't bring camera out for dinner... too bad. Oh, we went to Walmart after dinner too. Didn't bring camera though, but there's nothing much to take photo about Walmart la...Darling also introduced his favourite Jamba juice for me. JAMBA juice, not JAMBAN ok... it's fruit smoothies. We manage to get to Ross for a while and wow, I was astonished by the price of their shoes. So cheap! Those were branded shoes at a very cheap price! 

On Saturday, darling brought me to eat dim sum near his place around chinatown and we went around chinatown for a walk. 
Somewhere along Nuuanu Avenue
Very sunny
was surprised that Sun Yat Sen spent his early life in Hawaii. Me at Sun Yat Sen Mall

After that, we went to Kaimana Divers, where I am supposed to meet Gabe to discuss about my diving course. Yes, I took the Advance Open Water Diving course in Hawaii, which costs me around 366 USD. There are a total of 6 dives and I only managed to enjoy 3 due to my personal performance problem -.-

So after the talk at Kaimana Divers, darling brought me to Ross nearby. All the clothes, shoes, bags are so cheap over there. I spent a little too much time there heehee... bought a pair of Levi's jeans at only 13bucks, a blouse for my mum and a dress for myself. Then we head to fetch darling's colleague to get their groceries at Costco. 

After shopping and fetching his colleagues back, we went to Waikiki beach to take a stroll and supposedly to take dinner there. We stopped by many shops, bought a pair of Nine west shoe for 20bucks, ate yogurt at Yogurtland, and finally, reached our destination at The Cheesecake Factory. We waited around 35mins to get the tag, and another 35mins to wait for a table. That is how famous they are. 

Me @ Waikiki Beach
Yogurt from Yogurtland - similar like Tutti Fruitti here but it's cheaper. Well, in the sense that if you are earning USD.
Our burger set at The Cheesecake Factory. We shared 1 set and was already full like mad
So since we were damn full already, we tapau our cheese cakes back home. Not able to eat that too until the next morning. And cannot even finish 2 piece of cheese cakes coz it was really filling! Darling commented that after eating the cake from cheesecake factory, he felt secret recipe was keeping their ingredients short, which I agree too.

Carrot cheesecake
30 Anniversary chocolate cheesecake
Sunday was a shopping day at outlet mall. We spent so much time there until we left little time for boogie boarding :p However, we still squeeze some time to do that at Waikiki.

Oh, how I love darling's tummy :P

And we went to Aloha Tower's Hooters to dine. We had numerous chicken wing that night. Why? Because it was a chicken wing buffet night. I realized that I had the symptoms of UTI and quickly ordered cranberries juice to ease the symptoms. Drinking lots of water, cranberries juice, and dried cranberries after dinner. That WORKS.





It has been a long post isn't it? I shall stop here and draft for the second one. HAHA

No comments: